Safeguard your business from infringement - register your trademark in China now!
We've direct Trademark Office in China
China is the world’s largest manufacturing economy and exporter of goods. It is also the world’s largest consumer of numerous commodities and accounts. China trademark registration is essential in today’s world and business markets. To register a trademark in China, there is first to file system which means that anyone who files the trademark application first, becomes the owner of the trademark if the registration is approved.
1stIP™ Group is experienced in trademark registers. Throughout the 6-D process of the trademark application, our clients get well protection of brand identity. Based on our global network, clients’ excellent brands could succeed smoothly and safely around the world.
- Country/Region of registration: China
- Registration time: 18-24 months
- Fee includes Official fee, agency fee, and document fee
- Trademark validity period: 10 years
Key points to consider in trademark registration
- The trademark needs to be distinctive- to not confuse existing trademarks;
- Need to be aware that no other person has registered or applied for registration of the same or similar trademark during trademark search in respect of the same or similar goods or services;
- Finding a Trademark Consultant – to get their expertise on the matter;
- Trademark to be used for goods OR services-should be clear.
Trademark registration classification
The China Trademark Registration system follows Nice Classification of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). For more information on different goods and services that belong to different classes, please contact us.
Provision of Information
Through valuable communication with customers, we will brainstorm ideas as per text, pattern and color requirements, etc. provided by the customer to determine the main body of the trademark, relevant to the goods and services to be covered under a specific trademark.
Classification & Search
The next step is to conduct a preliminary trademark search to find out whether there are any identical or similar trademarks. It makes it easier for further processing of your application.
According to Intellectual Property Laws and application procedures, we will prepare relevant documents related to trademark registration and submit those promptly to ensure the acceptance of the application and to avoid any delays during the process.
After the application is received at the Trademarks office, the official preliminary examination of the information provided in the application is done. When it is made sure that there is no error, the trademark application is formally accepted and filed.
At this point, the application reaches the official examiner who examines whether the trademark complies with trademark legislation and also that there is no conflict between existing registered trademarks.
After the examination is approved by the examiner, the trademark will be disclosed to the public in the form of public notice for public inspection and objection for three months.
At the end of the publication period, if no objections are made until this point, the trademark can be officially registered. The trademark owner gets the authority to use a specific trademark for a 10-year validity period of the trademark registration.
After the trademark is registered, the Intellectual Property department issues a trademark certificate, which authorizes the trademark owner can add the ® logo to the trademark for public identification.
China Trademark Fees
Registration Fee1 Trademark & 1 Class
Additional Fee (if any)each of additional class
China Trademark Renewal
- Trademark registration is valid for ten years from the date of approval and can be renewed an unlimited number of times for the same period.
- An application for renewal of a registered trademark shall be made within six months before the expiry of the term; If the application is not submitted during this period, a six-month grace period may be granted.
- If no application is filed at the expiration of the extension period, the registered trademark shall be cancelled. If you want protection, you need to re-apply for the application.
- The application takes 3-6 months
- Photocopy of the trademark owner’s identification document (signature or seal required)
- Photocopy of the trademark registration certificate (if the application has been carried out through the procedures of assignment, change/renewal, etc., the relevant certificate must be attached)
Channel for successful business
1stIP™ YouTube Channel for who interested in branding and business. Here, we will regularly share information on intellectual property and brand promotion for you every week for free. If you want to have a successful business, please remember to subscribe to our YoutTube Channel so that you can grasp the information of each business success!
1stIP™ knows that trademark is not only a shield to protect the brand. It is also a sword to fight in the market and make the business succeed.
Let’s Make Awesome Brand Together
1stIP™ will regularly share articles related to trademark and intellectual property rights, brand building and business strategy for free to improve the market’s awareness of trademarks and brands. Welcome to read and share!